November 27, 2014
November 25, 2014
You know, the emerging conservative leader in the US Senate- same one the GOP old-guard spent million$ trying to defeat-that one:
- Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 - May 2008, Cruz was the first Hispanic Solicitor General in Texas, the youngest Solicitor General in the entire country, and had the longest tenure in Texas history.
- Partner at the law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, where he led the firm’s U.S. Supreme Court and national appellate litigation practice.
- Cruz has authored 80+ SCOTUS briefs and presented 40+ oral arguments before The Court
- Cruz served as a law clerk to Chief Justice William Rehnquist. Cruz was the first Hispanic ever to clerk for a Chief Justice of the United States
- Described as a 'superb' constitutional lawyer, the man's considerable skills and laser-like focus were on display for all last week when he took oily reptile Eric Holder by the neck and made him answer the frickin question.
- In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz assembled a coalition of 31 states in defense of the principle that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.
- Cruz presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- In addition to his victory in Heller, Cruz has successfully defended the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds, the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools and the majority of the 2003 Texas redistricting plan. Cruz also successfully defended, in Medellin v. Texas, the State of Texas against an attempt by the International Court of Justice to re-open the criminal convictions of 51 murderers on death row throughout the United States.
- Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission
- Domestic Policy Advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign.
- Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation
- Ted Cruz is currently junior US Senator from Texas.
In order to win the 2012 Republican nomination for the Senate seat
vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison, Cruz had to defeat Texas Lieutenant
Governor David Dewhurst -heavily favored/backed by the DC old-guard GOP- in the Republican primary runoff. In the event, TEA Party favorite Cruz crushed Dewhurst, 57-43%...
he then beat Democrat Paul Sadler in the general election by a similar margin, 56-41. Cruz is also endorsed by the Tea Party Movement and the Republican Liberty Caucus.
- AWARDS: "America's Leading Lawyers for Business," Chambers USA (2009 & 2010)"50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America," National Law Journal (2008)"25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century," Texas Lawyer (2010)"20 Young Hispanic Americans on the Rise," Newsweek (1999)Traphagen Distinguished Alumnus, Harvard Law School
- On November 14, 2012, Cruz was appointed vice-chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. He is now spearheading efforts in the Senate to have Obamacare repealed root-and-branch...
November 21, 2014
November 5, 2014
RED TSUNAMI: GOP GAINS ACROSS THE BOARD IN HISTORIC SWEEP - Guy Benson
- ▼ November ( 5 )
- ► 2013 ( 440 )
- ► 2012 ( 727 )
- ► 2011 ( 676 )
- ► 2010 ( 622 )